Sunday, January 6, 2013

2012 wrap up

Happy New Year to all of my followers. I am really looking forward to 2013. 2012 was a year of theatrical, academic and spiritual strides for me. I leave it feeling grounded and content. I felt so blessed in 2012, it was definitely the best year yet since I've been in Jersey City and I say that even though I got my heart broke into a million pieces in this past year. But to have done 2 plays outside of school while in school, to win a statewide singing competition, to make it to the next round of the South Eastern Theatre Conference and to have completed my first ever Opera made it very special and I leave it with a sense of accomplishment. I was struggling in a couple of classes in school and passed them this year! I also stated reading scripture and other works of comparative religion and made praying a part of my everyday routine by continuing the practice in itself. Man I can't say it wasn't too shabby. It was alright, I feel blessed. Of course there were some setbacks but this year the positives actually outweighed the negatives and I can only hope 2013 does the same.

Here is a wrap up of 2012 VIA Instagram!

 theparty6_zps780eebe9.jpg


I performed a lot in 2012!  I did two shows outside of school, Won first place in the NATS competition and completed a lot of gigs.  And I believe grew a lot artistically. 

 theparty18_zps85313ff0.jpg



 
I performed in my very first Opera and loved it!
 



 theparty8_zps68a367f2.jpg



 
One of my Best Friend's had a wedding!
 
 

In August I was reunited with another friend that I haven't seen in like 7 years or so!

 



 
And Our President WON!!!!
 
All in all 2012 was a year of accomplishments and I am very happy that I am able to look back on it through my blog. I am really looking forward to 2013 and starting some new resolutions. My next post will be about resolutions. I hope everyone is enjoying their new year!
 
XOXO~SAMILLE
 
 


















 


No comments: